This weekend we had our first pool day of the season. It was Chloe’s first time in the pool and at a splash pad, she loved it! It’s always a little nerve racking when doing “firsts” with babies because you never know how they will react…especially when you basically live in the water during summer time in Arizona. Riley has always loved water but it was so fun to really see him enjoying it and splashing away. Can’t wait for the many more pool days to come.
I have rounded up some of my favorite essentials that will help you and your littles have fun in the sun but also be protected for the many hours of playing outdoors. Check out these items that I love and go do some shopping!
- Baby Bum Sunscreen – Love this stuff! It goes on easily and reminds me of a tropical vacation every time we use it…which is pretty much everyday.
- Wet Bag – These bags are awesome! I just put the kids wet clothes or swimsuits in the bag to travel with home without leaving a big wet spot in my trunk. Mom win!
- Baby Floatie – The key to a content baby in the pool, especially if you only have one babe. I love that this float has some extra toys to keep baby entertained and it also has the sunshade which is an added bonus. I have one by Swimways which is similar but not with all the fun toys. I got it at Costco but pretty sure the Amazon price is similar.
- Inch Bug Water Bottle Labels – Mama’s you have to get these!!! I saw them on a fellow Mom’s IG post and thought “Genious”! Most of the kiddos in our playgroup have the same Contigo water bottles you get from Costco so they always get mixed up. I tried writing the kids names on their bottles with a Sharpie but it came off after the first wash. These labels are perfect for water bottles. They are so affordable. You can choose a color and customize what you want them to say. GO check out their website here. They are offering a 15% discount to you – Just use CODE: MOMLIFE *Offer valid May 22, 2017 – June 22, 2017.
- Floaties – We are still in the stage that Riley is still not old enough to be on his own in the pool so these work really well. I like the center float to keep the kids balanced in the water.
- Swim Diapers – Always a MUST! They can be expensive so keep your eye out at Costco for them. I got some there last year for a steal but they didn’t carry them for too long.
- Sand Toys – I keep a set of sand toys in my trunk. We use them at the park, pool and splash pad. Since we’re in AZ we don’t use them at the beach 🙁
- Eddy Camelbak Insulated Water Bottles – I am always on the lookout for good water bottles. I was at Target and found this one for Riley. It is insulated so it keeps the water cold for a good amount of time, fits in most cupholders and can easily be washed. I can’t stand water bottles that have tiny crevices that are hard to clean because most likely there is some sort of mold building up which grosses me out.
Can’t wait for all the summer fun to begin!