Have you jumped on the green juice train yet? If your answer is yes, you are more than likely heading to the nearest juice shop to grab your daily fix. Maybe by now it’s a weekly fix because it is so EXPENSIVE! I have gone to a few local juice shops and each time I purchase a cup full of green goodness, it is delicious but so pricey. I also found out that most places don’t even use organic fruits and veggies. We received a juicer for a housewarming gift (best housewarming gift ever!) so now I rarely will buy juice. Yah, it’s a little work but well worth the savings. Here are a few tips to make it a bit easier and you can use the savings for a date night… That’s what I’m talking about 🙂
- Invest in a good juicer. I have had a Breville for about 5 years now and is still in great condition. I bet you could probably find one second hand for a great deal.
- Invest in some Mason jars and the white plastic caps. We were using the metal caps they came with but began to rust.
- Juice for multiple days. Click here and you will find my Green Goddess juice recipe, that will make about 6-7 mason jars.
- Use a produce bag for your pulp. Makes for easy clean up and that’s what I’m all about!
- Buy all organic fruits and veggies. I only wash and trim edges so the skin is still on, so you defiantly want to go all organic. It’s a little extra but well worth it.
CHEERS to feeding the mind, body and soul!